Linfox’s Intermodal Business Unit require experienced HC drivers to safely deliver general and palletised freight in containers throughout the Cairns region. Shifts start from 0500 – 0900 and are generally 8 hours, scheduled 5 days across the 7 day week. Initially, this is to see us through peak period but opportunities for extension may occur.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your duties include:
- Commit to Linfox Safety Standards at all times and ensure that Vision Zero is a daily focus
- Deliver palletised general freight across the Cairns region
- Daily prestart checks, including refuelling
- Comply with Linfox’s coupling & uncoupling procedures
- Ensure the loads are restrained appropriately
- Provide excellent customer service to ensure positive relationships are maintained
- Complete run sheets and ensure you collect all critical documents
- Use of in cab tablets and technology
Linfox is the largest privately-owned logistics company in Australia. We provide transport and warehousing services for some of Australia's favourite brands. We pride ourselves on our reputation for safety and compliance, and are guided by our company values loyalty, integrity, fairness and trust in everything we do. Our team of skilled professional drivers demonstrate these values everyday through their dedication to the safe and timely delivery of freight to keep Australia moving.
- A commitment to safety in everything you do
- Minimum open HC License essential and Forklift License highly desirable
- Minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role
- Excellent knowledge of the Cairns area
- Experience reversing into docks
- Good knowledge of Chain of Responsibility and road transport legislation
- Good customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
If you are self-motivated and enjoy the day to day challenges a fast-paced environment can offer, then this is the role for you! We can offer you continued career progression and ongoing learning opportunities to help you succeed and reach your potential.
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your cover letter and resume.
Please note: All employees must pass a criminal history check and full medical, including drug and alcohol test. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
To find out more about us, visit http://www.linfox.com