Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
The Resource & Industrial business is looking for an accomplished State Manager to complement their team based at our Bulk Fuels operational site in Altona.
In this pivotal role, you will be a key contact with our customer and will be responsible for the day-to-day operational management of the site while working in collaboration with our people ensuring every decision you make will be driven by safety, service, and cost.
This position will suit a focused leader who can influence strategy and continue to drive successful stakeholder relationships. You will provide proactive leadership through setting high performance standards, driving accountability, results, and constructive people management. Key Areas:
- Always participate and commit to Safety Standards and COR requirements
- Driving productivity to maximise resources, control costs and maintain a focus on strategic initiatives
- Lead, motivate, assist and performance manage operational team members towards best practice
- Identifying and mitigating operational, financial, and commercial risks
- Lead and manage the site to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives
Are you the one?
This is a great opportunity for a high performer who can help continue to drive an inclusive and accountable culture in a fast-paced environment. You will have previous leadership experience and will be resilient to work related demands. You can demonstrate:
- Experience in a senior management role within transport, manufacturing, or the chemical industry
- Direct experience with dangerous goods, bulk liquid or bulk dry goods operations or specialist freight handling would be advantageous
- Management of a business with P&L accountability and possess well-rounded analytical skills and commercial judgement
- Highly developed decision-making capability, competence in making timely and effective decisions, with an ability to identify opportunities for improvement and commitment to drive outcomes
- Experience in reporting to senior managers and customers on all aspects of workplace performance
- Highly developed computer literacy skills
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers