Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
The Linfox Intermodal business provides long distance distribution services across road, rail and coastal shipping and is enjoying a period of sustained growth and investment. Primarily based at West Melbourne, with periodic travel, the Safety Manager is a leadership role ultimately responsible for supporting a geographically diverse business implement the safety plan across multiple sites throughout the network.
Working in a supportive environment and through collaboration with the site management and operational teams, this role is empowered to develop and implement initiatives that provide continual improvement to the safe and compliant operations, and will rely on your ability to engage, train and develop staff to understand the important role they play. Key areas:
- Promoting a safety-first culture and ensuring commitment to safety, COR and quality requirements
- Coach and influence leadership team to set and enforce safety standards
- Provision of training and guidance through frontline engagement with workforce
- Develop and implement safety protocols and process improvements to drive Vision Zero goal
- Participate in investigations to identify the root cause and recommend corrective actions
- Provide management updates on performance against safety metrics and oversee compliance framework
- Participate in site risk management, conduct audits and road safety compliance activities
Are you the one?
The Safety Manager is an integral role driving the Intermodal Vision Zero Safety culture. An ideal role for someone that thrives in a fast-paced environment and has experience providing leadership and influencing behaviour in a complex supply chain environment. You can demonstrate:
- Cert IV, Diploma or degree in Safety or related field
- Excellent stakeholder engagement with an ability to build strong relationships across all levels
- Understanding of COR, Mass Management and safety compliance within Transport and Warehousing
- Experience in Incident Investigation and Risk Management
- Strong computer literacy skills, specifically Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience in Safety System Auditing desirable
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers