Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
The Retail business is looking for a passionate and motivated leader to be based at Melbourne South Regional Distribution Centre (MSRDC) in Dandenong South. To ensure operational requirements are met, this position will require coverage from Tuesday to Saturday.
You will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day-to-day transport operations of a major customer, while working in collaboration with our people ensuring every decision you make will be driven by safety, service and cost. Key Areas:
- Participate and commit to Safety Standards and COR requirements at all times
- Ensuring that deliveries are completed on time to designated customers in line with safety and customer expectations
- Responsibility for the effective utilisation of all allocated resources and communicates with and supports the Site Manager in developing and improving operational procedures and results
- Lead, motivate, assist and performance manage operational team members towards best practice
- Implement strategies that maximise a profitable operation and minimise costs wherever possible
Are you the one?
This is a great opportunity for a high performer who can help continue to drive an inclusive and accountable culture in a fast-paced environment. You will have previous leadership experience and will be resilient to work related demands. You can Demonstrate:
- Previous experience in a management role within 3PL Transport Operations
- Excellent IT and computer skills with previous exposure to TMS desirable
- Strong commercial acumen with previous experience in cost management
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to confidently present information to internal and external stakeholders
- Very strong knowledge and understanding around COR and NHVR
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers