Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
The Retail business is looking for an accomplished Region Manager - East to complement their team based at Melbourne South Regional Distribution Centre (MSRDC) in Dandenong South.
In this pivotal role, you will be a key contact with our customer and will be responsible for leading the operational management teams of multiple transport sites to achieve the highest sustainable level of customer service to stores through effective asset utilisation and transportation costs.
This position will suit a collaborative leader who can influence strategy, build strong relationships and mutual trust with teams, and continue to drive successful stakeholder relationships. You will provide proactive leadership through setting high performance standards, driving accountability, results, and constructive people management. Key Areas:
- Always participate and commit to Safety Standards and COR requirements
- Supporting the operational activities of sites to deliver services to customers that meet agreed outcomes
- Lead, motivate, assist and performance manage operational team members towards best practice
- Developing strong partnerships between operational, resourcing and planning teams to drive productivity to maximise resources, control costs and maintain a focus on strategic initiatives
Are you the one?
This is a great opportunity that will see you utilise your expansive operational knowledge and expertise. You will be a self-motivated individual with the ability to adapt to change and competing customer demands. You are a high performer who can help continue to build & drive an inclusive and accountable culture in a fast-paced environment. You will have previous leadership experience and will be resilient to work related demands. You can Demonstrate:
- Demonstrable achievements in transportation operations leadership positions in a multi-site business. With 5 years minimum in a senior management position
- Highly developed decision-making capability, competence in making timely and effective decisions, with an ability to identify opportunities for improvement and commitment to drive outcomes
- Experience in reporting to senior managers and customers on all aspects of workplace performance
- Excellent understanding of general freight operations including load restraint expertise
- Working knowledge of relevant Australian transport rules and regulations.
- Highly developed computer literacy skills, particularly in the Microsoft Office Suite, SAP and Transportation IT systems.
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers