Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
The Linfox Intermodal business is experiencing an exciting period of growth and investment. To ensure we remain the leading logistics provider, we are challenging traditional supply chain models and embarking on a journey of innovation and optimisation across the network. To drive this change, we are seeking an Operations Manager to oversee a centralised customer service function, ensuring we continue to meet our commitment to tier one customers through the provision of quality service and operational efficiency.
Reporting to the National Road Manager, you will be working in collaboration with our people with every decision you make driven by safety, service and cost. By partnering closely with Linfox business units, our driver workforce and sub-contracting partners, you will be well positioned to ensure we exceed operational and service metrics by identifying and rectifying any potential service issues. Key areas:
- Promoting a safety-first culture and ensuring commitment to Safety, COR and quality requirements at all times
- Operational responsibility with a focus on driving improvement and innovation, rectifying service disruptions and facilitating organic growth through new customer integration
- Effective management and development of direct reports and driver workforce to provide efficiency
- Analyse equipment and operational tasks to deliver productive outcomes through resource utilization, route optimization and subcontractor management – keeping operations responsive
- Ensure the Intermodal customer service team is providing superior service offerings to customers through partnership and proactive communication
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to promote continuous improvement
Are you the one?
This is a pivotal role requiring a manager with experience leading cross-functional teams, ideally in a transport environment. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have experience providing leadership and effective commercial and operational decision making. You can demonstrate:
- Experience managing people within a road/rail or customer centric operation
- Ability to confidently lead and develop a high-performance team
- Understanding of financial drivers and cost control
- Process driven, Analytical and Methodical
- Self-driven to achieve and drive outcomes and promote customer centricity
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers