Here at Linfox we believe together, anything is possible. Use sophisticated technology to deliver everyday essentials and natural resources for Australia’s biggest companies. Work with major customers in retail, healthcare, government and defence. Shape the future of logistics with industry leading innovations in safety, sustainability and efficiency. Create a career to be proud of. Expect all this and more when you join Linfox.
What does the job look like?
Linfox has forged an impressive reputation for our safety culture and performance. Reporting to the Western Australia Safety Manager, you will play a hands-on role in providing support to our sites where you will actively coach, influence and mentor our operations team providing them with specialised workplace health and safety advice. Key areas:
- Positively influence employees and leaders by promoting the development of a culture of safety across all levels within the organisation.
- Provide input to the ongoing development of the Safety Management Systems and drive continuous improvement initiatives including analysing and presenting data to highlight trending safety risks
- Support leaders with major incident investigations, identify causes and contributing factors and undertake reviews of incident investigations implementing action plans to prevent reoccurrence
- Support leaders to provide safe systems of work through facilitating risk assessments, developing Safe Working Procedures (SWPS) and maintaining a risk register
- Provide support to metropolitan and regional sites and have the ability to travel to sites as required
Are you the one?
With a strong practical and operational focus, your passion to drive safety across our sites, coupled with your ability to work in an open, collaborative and inclusive manner will ensure success in this role. You can demonstrate:
- Tertiary qualification in Health and Safety, Risk Management or a related field (minimum Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety)
- Experience in mining, transport and/or logistics industry (highly desirable).
- Demonstrated experience in leading incident investigations and audits
- Strong understanding of Workplace Health and Safety legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Sound knowledge of safety management systems and risk management methodologies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to maintain confidentiality, integrity and deal with sensitive information
Sound like you? Please click the apply button to submit your application and resume.
We kindly request no unsolicited resumes or approaches from Recruitment Agencies. Linfox is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
You will be required to meet Linfox's employment criteria which will include but not be limited to a criminal history check and full medical with a drug and alcohol test.
To find out more about opportunities at Linfox, visit www.linfox.com/careers